Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Beauty Favorites

Summer Beauty Favorites




The latest beauty breakthru in makeup is the BB cream.  (BB stands for Beauty Balm for inquiring minds) I have tried two of the drugstore brands, although there are more high-end, expensive creams out there. 

The first one I tried is by Garnier  - Miracle Skin Protector .  I found it to go on nice and smooth and high imperfections like a foundation but not as heavy as a foundation - yet a different texture and slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.  Speaking of moisture, I found this one to be heavy on the moisture - which, if you have dry skin like I do, is a good thing.  It has an SPF 15 so to me it would be good for every day use and may get more use out of this one in the fall and winter months.  It comes in two shades - light/medium and Med/Deep. I had a hard time deciding on the color as I am light in winter and medium in summer so I went with the lighter shade.  The color match was not as precise as I would prefer.  Hence my reason for trying out the next BB cream....

The second and favorite of the two that I have tried is by Maybelline. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector SPF 30  It comes in several shades and blends in a lot better than the previous cream.  I like that it has SPF 30 and wore it on my recent beach trip.  It is better for those with oily or combo skin as it does not feel as greasy as the Garnier.  However I still found it hydrating, just not greasy feeling.  This cream also comes in 5 different shades, which allows for better match to your skin tone.  It is the perfect makeup "base" for summer.

Smiths Rosebud Salve - I have loved this product for a long time.  It's addictive scent keep me coming back for more!
For a more sparkly fun lip I like Revlon's Superlustrous Lipgloss in Glossy Rose.

Summer is the perfect time to wear a bright polish - I love the Essie  - Summer "Off the Shoulder" Collection. (Click on the link for a mini-collection of 4 bottles)  So fun!!!

Hope everyone is having a beautiful summer!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails