Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Makeup




I purchased "The 5 minute Face" by Carmindy (WNTW make-up chick) several weeks ago and have just recently been able to find the time to actually read through it. The tips are basic and I did not really learn a whole lot that I didn't already know. There are two sections that helped me a lot. The one about learning how to do a "smoky eye" was of interest to me. I have always wanted to be able to do this for a night out or a special party. Can't wait to try out her techniques! Also I have been having trouble (now that I am nearing the age or 40 - ACK!) with my eyes always looking tired and have slight dark circles and crow's feet. Her section on under-eye concealer was great and then in the back of the book she has the products that she uses. I purchased the "Benefit Eye Bright" that was recommended and I LOVE it! It really does brighten the area and does not look cakey or made-up. I highly recommend it! I love that in the products section she suggests a pricey product and a less-expensive drugstore one under each category. For example for the under-eye concealer she recommends $$$ Benefit Eye Bright or $ The Body Shop Concealer Pencil.


I shop online for a lot of my makeup these days. Last year when I made the mistake of dying my hair "chocolate brown" (which to me ended up making me look like a goth freak, so I am back to brown with blonde highlights) I had to change all my makeup colors. I went online to http://www.bobbybrown.com/ and used their online chat to figure out what colors I should use and then ordered a few things. It was very helpful and I really love her products. I purchased a limited-edition palette that "compliments most skin types" and I am very happy with it. I think you get the most bang for your buck with a palette...there are 4 lip colors and 4 eye colors. All of them very nice.


I like http://www.sephora.com/ as well. I order their Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (pricey but a little goes a long way and I only have to order about once a year). They also have great affordable products that are their own brand. For instance I purchased a brown eyeliner for $8 and I like their applicators as well - lip brush, eye shadow brushes etc. Good quality and not extremely pricey. They last a long time and the bristles don't fall out like the cheap ones from the drugstore. NARS is another brand that like....I love their blush in "orgasm".


Okay - off to fold laundry...
A mother's work is never done...at least you can look good doing it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails