Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Great idea!

A friend of mine had a wonderful idea that I thought I'd share with all of you! Thanks to the "Spellbound Seamstress" for this great tip!

I looked and looked for some fun animal print ballet flats and I couldn't find anything that had a splash of deep red. So I ordered some inexpensive flats from Target and added burgundy red bows to the front. If you wanted to do the same thing, but have a more versatile option you could use the backings for clip on earrings, affix the the embellishment to the clip and then change them out depending on the accent color of your outfit. Here are the examples I did.




This is definitely an alternative to spending over $100 on these, like I did:

2 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

What a great alternative! I would have never thought to do something like this. Honestly, I'd be more likely to place the Boden order, like you did originally. :)

Great to know that a cheaper option does not require too much work on my part. Thank you!

-Francesca

jules1219 said...

You are welcome - But I cannot take the credit at all.....I'm just too lazy to do something like that! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails