Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm cleanin' out my closet....

Okay...everyone who knows me knows that I shop...a lot. Seriously, all of my blogging is about shopping for clothes! (I need to branch out a bit...but that's another post.)
Well, my drawers and closet are overflowing and I can hardly shut them with all the STUFF. I go through them probably 4 times a year (before the start of each new season) and try on, get rid of stuff I have not worn in a year and reorganize. Last night I tackled my t-shirt drawer (and CLEARLY I need more than one drawer but I only have one!) and now have 4 tall stacks of t's and tanks ready to go for spring and summer! I also went through my work-out apparel and got rid of the pants that were lurking in the corner that were too long/too stretched out, never worn or just plain worn-out. I think I had a jog-bra in there from 1990! oh my....
I still have my bathing suits, underwear, socks, pjs and shorts to go through. A daunting task.

So in my cleaning, sorting and reorganizing I realized there are some things I have that I have not worn just because I have not been able to GET to them. Also there are things that I hadn't thought of pairing together that I already own. I recently did a "Closet Consult" for a friend. I made this task up...I don't know really if anyone is currently doing this for a living but I would love to! Basically she and I took out the clothing for the current/upcoming season and layed it out and talked about what tops could go with particular bottoms and then we made a list of things like accessories and shoes that were needed to pull the whole thing together. I realized that I need to do this for myself. The sheer volume of my wardrobe though is holding me back. I haven't even mentioned my closet. I have one small closet (we live in a townhouse that was built in the 70s) in the master bedroom which looks like this...basically CRAMMED to the gills....organized chaos at best.

I try to limit this to items that are in season but at this time...the overlap...it is more chaotic than organized. Serious time needs to be spent here...
I am using the other half of each of my boys' closets for the non-seasonal items...

More chaos....
So, you can guess what I am going to be doing in the next several days! OH joy!

1 comment:

Dana Fallentine said...

I need to clean my closet - thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails