Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

New looks from your old closet...

since making my Lenten promise to not buy anything for myself I have to say I have done really well and not bought a THING.
 Because the weather is getting warmer here *thank you God!* I have been able to pull "old" things from my closet and make them new by pairing them up in new ways.  One of the things I like to do the day before I am going somewhere is to "style" an outfit on the hanger and put it out with all the accessories that I will wear with it.  This does take some time, however, I have found that I am much less rushed after I put the kids to bed and I can spend some time mixing and matching things then rather than in the morning when I am rushing to get out the door.  Sometimes I even have two options because the weather here can be so unpredictable and also I may just end up being more in the mood for one look over another.
Yesterday I rocked my skinny Levi's with a turqoise tank from Eddie Bauer, Steve Madden flats and a locket from Charlotte Russe (thanks "T" for the recommendation on that store!)
Here is a similar look I set up on Polyvore (different brands/items all except for the Levi's and the locket)

Friday at the Salon


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails